Sunday, January 22, 2006

Neeeeerrrrdddd


My new glasses Posted by Picasa

Picked up my new glasses - it's nice to have a set not held together by tape and a hairpin. I also like how these look compared to my old set. I always felt those lenses were too big and round. Dad's new rimless set looked very keen, I think, so this is as close to that look as I could get. The folks at Pearle Vision said they didn't think they could do rimless for my prescription. I think that's because I have some astigmatism, and that makes the edges of the lenses too thick for rimless frames to work. These look pretty okay, though. And soon my nifty prescription polarized sunglasses will be done, too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So... half-rimless. What inspired you to depart from the round ones? The shape/style, not the specific pair you had; after all, tape can only last so long before friends and family start to wonder whether you need money or something.

THE MIND IS NOT A VESSEL TO BE FILLED BUT A FIRE TO BE KINDLED