Sunday, January 22, 2006

More Birthdays


Church St, NW DC Posted by Picasa

Went to the Birthday Weekend party for Abby Benson and her friend Esmerelda on Saturday night. It was at Abby's place, a few blocks from DuPont Circle - it's an extraordinary place she's living in, a few doors down from the church in the picture above (courtesy Windows Live Local). It was a great party, and I got to meet a number of Abby's friends, her brother, etc. After a few beers there, I decamped with Steph & Aaron and went down to Murphy's in Old Town. We didn't stay long, but we bumped into folks that Aaron knows somehow and made small talk for a while.

I had forgotten how far a walk it can be from Old Town to my place. And I was much more tired than I thought, so I was pretty beat when I got to my front door. But it was a fun night. Things should be a little slower this week, which will let me get caught up on my reading. Unfortunately, starting next week I should really get to work packing up for the move.

Also worth noting, Mike Cintron, Kate Higgins, and Chris Keene have all gotten orders to assume command of 110' patrol boats in the next few months (Adak, Baranoff, and I don't know which one Chris got). It's fantastic news, and I know they will all be extraordinary skippers. The drawback is this means Mike, Kate, and Chris will all be moving away soon. It is a great achievement, though, so congratulations to each of them.

No comments:

THE MIND IS NOT A VESSEL TO BE FILLED BUT A FIRE TO BE KINDLED