Thursday, August 10, 2006

New Toy

Just this evening I got a new computer, something I've been considering for a while now. After a few years with a tower, I've switched back to a laptop. However, I also got a wireless router so I don't have to be anchored to my desk. It's pretty sweet, but I'm way behind the curve on that, right? I asked Ian and Jane for advice on wireless and if it was worth the effort, and Ian said "Yeah, the future is five years ago and it's awesome." More than a little sarcastic, but more than a little true.

At any rate, it's a pretty nice little laptop, with an extra-wide screen and the ability to play DVDs without a full boot-up. I will probably take it with me on my trip home next weekend, so I can watch a movie when I'm doing my layovers (drag) at LaGuardia and JFK.

Tomorrow I will be back on track with Half Day Friday. With all the travel and projects lately, I haven't been able to enjoy that particular minor blessing. Walking away from the office for lunch and never coming back is a very good thing. And tomorrow, lunch is Cap City for Cuban Tacos to celebrate Sarah coming back to work. Welcome Back to D.C., Sarah! Tacos!

1 comment:

Matt Boulanger said...

I didn't know they did laptops with independent dvd playback- that's pretty sweet. With my new office move, they set our department up with dual-core dell inspiron 9400's. No complaints here. Wireless is the way to go. Kate and I have a modem/router in he closet, downstairs desktop basically used as a netflix player, and two lapops upstairs, all on the same network, file transfers are super easy, the whole deal. So enjoy your new toy.

THE MIND IS NOT A VESSEL TO BE FILLED BUT A FIRE TO BE KINDLED