Friday, November 18, 2005

"We're going to be in a pie!"


We had a Thanksgiving potluck at work today, and I made Apple Pie III (pictured). It turned out pretty well, actually. And I while I ate a fairly good amount, I didn't eat so much that I went into a food coma all afternoon. Jane made a pumpkin swirl cheesecake that was really tasty. I'm glad I had time to go to the gym after work today- I whaled on the turkey and stuffing, and built a pie of many pies (apple, custard, cheesecake, etc). In my defense, I was getting slices for Sarah and Jane as well.

Congratulations go to my Mom, who just got hired to work at Panera up in Portland starting later this month. I'm glad she and Dad have found interesting jobs up there that they seem to enjoy; also, between the two of them they can score me discounts on maps, goods from LL Bean, and bagels. Life has been kind.

No comments:

THE MIND IS NOT A VESSEL TO BE FILLED BUT A FIRE TO BE KINDLED