Sunday, March 29, 2009

Turn for the better

I was in a crummy mood after some dodgy business at work this week.  My nice stone desk globe, a graduation gift, was knocked off my desk and broken by parties unknown.  I found out I'll have to take a two-day meeting of the most boring variety down in Dahlgren.  And when I went over the monthly invoice for one of my projects, I learned why we're burning money so fast.  Still haven't learned how to fix that, however.

Yesterday was better - had a very productive day, including a solid Study Group.  Sarah even passed along a book from Paul and her dad, Halsey's Typhoon, which looks very promising.  But things really picked up today.  The weather suddenly got perfect, and all my chores were done and there was nothing in the To Do pile.  So I finally got back out on the bike paths.

Luckily, my road bike didn't need too much pre-season tuning - just reinflate the tires and go.  There were some headwinds to buck, but nothing too bad.  And though they haven't had the official ribbon-cutting, the underpass on the Four Mile Run trail under West Glebe Road and I-395 shooting straight into Shirlington is open.  It's great, much better than waiting for crosswalk lights and riding up the side streets to the pedestrian bridge.  That set the tone for the whole ride - so good to be back out there, even if it was kind of crowded down along the Potomac.

No comments:

THE MIND IS NOT A VESSEL TO BE FILLED BUT A FIRE TO BE KINDLED