Tuesday, July 15, 2008

America's Vacationland

This past weekend I took a quick trip north to Portland to visit my family. This was the last free weekend everyone had before the expected arrival of Ryan & Bethany's son, so we made plans to get together.

We didn't do much once we were all there, mind you. We are a pretty low maintenance clan when we get together. I helped Dad get parts for some home improvement projects at the hardware store. We had a few nice meals - Mom made pulled pork, Ryan made french toast with cinnamon swirl bread, etc. Mostly it was just spending time with each other, not doing anything in particular.

We did go out to Crescent Beach south of Portland and had an extremely filling barbecue. I was a little woozy after eating, since we had stayed up late the night before at Ryan & Bethany's playing their new Wii. But we had a nice walk along the beach, and it was a beautiful day. Any trip that includes time by or on the ocean is a good one for me.

Posted by Picasa

Loading image

Click anywhere to cancel

Image unavailable

1 comment:

Matt Boulanger said...

I can almost smell the beach... but I'll have to settle for the river for now. Best to your family, Dan.

THE MIND IS NOT A VESSEL TO BE FILLED BUT A FIRE TO BE KINDLED