Sunday, January 06, 2008

Slice

For some months now I have been having serious problems with my back. My long-lingering herniated disc has been acting up since around Halloween, making many activities painful and difficult. I have tried my best not to let this interfere with my obligations, or create any burden for friends and family. I have not been entirely equal to that challenge, and this past Thursday went under the knife for two procedures known as a microdiscectomy and a laminectomy.

So far the results are entirely positive. The only discomfort I have right now is from the surgical wound itself. I am cautiously optimistic that I may be able to put this thing behind me once and for all.

It bears mentioning that I am profoundly grateful to my friends who looked after me while I recovered. I have tried to express my gratitude personally, and will continue to do so. But even in this small forum, I want to let everyone know how much I owe to Sarah & Paul and Zina. They acted in my best interest when I did not. They have been far better friends to me than I have been to them.

1 comment:

Christopher said...

Hope things are still going well with the recovery!

THE MIND IS NOT A VESSEL TO BE FILLED BUT A FIRE TO BE KINDLED